Temecula Man Found Dead in Canyon Lake

Ryan McPhillips, 28, was seen walking in the roadway minutes before police found him.

A 28-year-old Temecula man was found dead Saturday night in Canyon Lake by police officers investigating reports of a pedestrian walking in a roadway, according to authorities.

Ryan McPhillips was found on Railroad Canyon Drive just east of Town Center Drive around 10:40 p.m. and was pronounced dead at the scene by fire personnel, according to the Sheriff’s Department.

Investigators determined that alcohol and the speed of the vehicle were not factors in McPhillips’ death.

Anyone with additional information is encouraged to contact the Canyon Lake Police Department at (951) 776-1099 or 210-1038.

TVOR December 10, 2012 at 03:53 PM
This article does not provide enough info.
Galactic Cannibal December 10, 2012 at 04:02 PM
Brenda: My point is why mention alcohol when none was involved in this tragedy. Just read all the DB cop's reports on road accidents, and U will see a clear pattern they mention alcohol , whether or not it was involved. That to me is a Machiavellian system of cunning and deceit , to keep the masses conditioned and anti-DUI. They never mention that 28% of fatal road accident are caused by DUI . But the other 72% are not, as is the tragedy here. Have a tranquil day Dudette. For Xmas...Take a trip to the beautiful city of Amsterdam .in Holland, and enjoy a non -Starbucks coffee . while you puff on a BFS's . All legal in Holland , a land they don't call "The Land of the Free" Remember, we are the "Land of the Free"...so they keep telling us. DB = Donut Belly BFS + Big Fat Spliff
Gary December 10, 2012 at 04:10 PM
This is one confusing story... I agree with Brenda... the speed of what vehicle? We can only assume he was hit by a car, but why should we have to assume, can't the author lay out a better story???
Mari December 10, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Definitely not enough info and this article is just plain confusing!
Tmlure December 10, 2012 at 07:47 PM
Press Enterprise had more info, looks like he was hit by a car, the patch article is poorly written. From pe.com: A 28-year-old pedestrian from Temecula was struck and killed by a full-size pickup truck along a major street at night in Canyon Lake, according to Riverside County coroner’s and sheriff’s officials. Ryan McPhillips died at the scene of the 10:36 p.m. accident Saturday along the westbound lanes of Railroad Canyon Drive about 100 feet west of Big Tee Drive, coroner’s officials said in a written statement. Alcohol and the speed of the vehicle were not factors in the accident, though the cause remains under investigation, sheriff’s Lt. Paul Bennett said in a separate statement. Anyone with information about the crash may call deputies at 951-776-1099 or 210-1038.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »