Glendale Police are warning residents of a spike in petty thefts and unlocked automobile burglaries during the months of July and August.
Here's a log of what happened and where (also, check out the map):
- July 10: An unlocked vehicle petty theft was reported in the 3200 Block of Community Avenue.
- July 10: Someone broke an automobile window in an vehicle burglary in the 3600 Block of Anderson Avenue.
- July 10: A grand theft happened to someone's unlocked automobile in the 3600 Block of Urquidez Avenue.
- July 11: Someone's work van was burglarized in the 2900 Block of Hermosita Drive.
- July 11: Two unlocked vehicle burglaries were reported in the 1600 and 1700 Block of Wabasso Way.
- July 12: A residential burglary happened in the 1400 Block of Sunshine Drive.
- July 13: A vehicle burglary happened in the 1600 Block of Fernbrook Place.
- July 15: A suspect stole a driver's license plate near Moore and Danny Street.
- July 17: A Razor Scooter was stolen in the 3500 Block of Foothill Boulevard.
- July 19: An automobile burglary happened in the 4800 Block of Maryland Avenue.
- July 23: A petty theft happened at the Montrose Sunday Harvest Market in the 2200 Block of Honolulu Avenue.
- July 25: Someone's automobile license plate was stolen in the 2300 Block of Honolulu Avenue. Police reported a petty theft inside a commercial location in the 2600 Block of Honolulu Avenue.
- August 1: A commercial automobile grand theft was reported in the 2000 Block of Verdugo Boulevard. Police reported an unlocked vehicle grand theft in the 1700 Block of Willow Drive. An unlocked vehicle petty theft happened in the 1600 Block of El Rito Avenue.
- August 3: An unlocked vehicle petty theft happened in the 3800 Block of Los Olivos Lane. An unlocked automobile burglary happened in the 3700 Block of 4th Avenue.
- August 7: Scooters were stolen from a front lawn in the 3000 Block of Sycamore Avenue.
- August 9: An attempted automobile theft happened in the 3900 Block of Lowell Avenue.
Patch Asks: What's your response to these incidents? Were you or someone you know a victim to these crimes?