The problem with a great costume idea is that there comes a tipping point where everybody has it. If you're dreaming of showing up to a party Gangnam Style, then you're already played out. Here are five under-the-radar costume ideas that will earn you cool points from the costume police:
1. Go Gangnam Style, but be that weird dude in a vinyl neon suit from the dance battle scene. His dance moves are just as sweet and you get to order a "Bowl Cut" at one of Montrose or La Crescenta's salons or barber shops found here.
2. Please, please, please don't go as a blind NFL referee. It's been done. Instead, play off this great meme and wear referee attire from different sports--stripe shirt, umpire's slacks and facemask, ice skates. Get the point? You are a scab ref and you're too incompetent to dress yourself.
3. Hike up your pants over your belly button, adopt a tough guy scowl, and start talking to empty furniture. Who are you? You're Clint Eastwood!
4. Put a bag over your head and go as a Dodger fan. Or an Angel fan.
5. When in doubt, go absurd. Head to Party Plaza at 500 East Broadway, Glendale, and start mixing and matching whatever items you can find in their mass-produced costume section. Gorilla mask and a tutu? Perfect.