In light of the meat-free holiday, HealthCastle.com offers up five vegetarian grilling options:
- Veggie skewers: Brush mushrooms or eggplant with olive oil, garlic, and rosemary, and alternate with peppers, onions, and even some pineapple.
- Portobello mushroom: Try brushing it with garlic and olive oil, or marinating it in balsamic vinegar or any marinade you'd use for steak.
- Tofu: Extra-firm tofu dipped in egg, coated with a thin layer of breadcrumbs, and grilled is anything but bland. Crispy on the outside and soft in the center, it’s truly delicious.
- Quesadillas: Fill tortillas with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese, fold in half, and grill a couple of minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crunchy with grill marks.
- Fish and salsa: Grilled white fish like mahi mahi or cod becomes sublime when topped with a fresh fruit salsa with a pineapple or mango base.
Patch Asks: What are your favorite vegetarian dishes? Where do you go in Montrose-La Crescenta for the best meat-free meal?