Written by City News Service
The seven members of the 2014 Tournament of Roses Royal Court, which will attend more than 100 community events and functions leading up to the 125th Rose Parade and 100th Rose Bowl Game, were announced Monday in Pasadena.
The seven Royal Court princesses were chosen from among nearly 1,000 applicants from the Pasadena area, according to the Tournament of Roses.
The members are:
- Ana Marie Acosta, 17, of Altadena, a student at Polytechnic School;
- Sarah Elizabeth Hansen, 19, of Pasadena, a student at Pasadena City College;
- Kayla Diyana Johnson-Granberry, 17, of Pasadena High School;
- Jamie Ann Kwong, 17, of Pasadena, and a student at La Salle High School;
- Katherine Diane Lipp, 17, of La Canada and La Canada High School;
- Elyssia Hadi Widjaja, 17, of San Marino High School; and
- Elizabeth Katie Woolf, 17, also of La Canada and La Canada High School.
Royal Court members were chosen based on criteria including poise, speaking ability, academic achievement and community and school involvement.
One of the seven members will be named 2014 Rose Queen during an Oct. 24 event at First Church of the Nazarene of Pasadena.