1. Toddler and kids can enjoy story time at 10:30 a.m. at , 2207 Honolulu Ave. Stop by the specialty bookstore's website or all 818-248-9668 for more information. .
2. The hosts "Barks and Books" from 3 to 4 p.m. Chidlren ages 5 through 12 are invited to read to therapy dogs. Call the library for more information and to register, 818-548-2048.
3. Kids can pariticpate in a night of hands-on science expirements and fun projects with Mad Science at the Montrose-Crescenta Library, 2465 Honolulu Ave. The free event starts at 7 p.m. and will last one hour.
4. , 2262 Honolulu Ave.,invites you to stop in for a crochet clinic, 2 to 4 p.m. Even if you don't need help out of a few knots or with a complex pattern, come by to meet new friends and get some new ideas. The shop's website has more information.
5. You can get a $25 gift certificate to , 2219 Honolulu Ave., for $20 from restaurant.com. Black Cow is well known in town not only for it's corn flake crusted French toast, but also a full menu and coffee bar. Hungry for Black Cow? You can buy the certificate and eat dinner there tonight!