1. Bouncing and rhyming is not only fun for your toddlers, but also helps keep them alert and learning. Stop by the today from 10:30 to 11 a.m. for a quick break of stories, songs and play that will bring a smile to your kid’s face and maybe even help inspire a nap! 2465 Honolulu Ave., Montrose. 818-548-2048.
2. Seniors are often targeting by frauds and schemes aimed at manipulating vulnerabilities of the aging. The hosts Glendale Police and Los Angeles County safety experts in a presentation aimed as helping educate seniors in personal safety as well as avoiding scams aimed at the elderly. The free event starts at 4:30 p.m. 2809 Foothill Blvd., La Crescenta. 818-306-5224.
3. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., the invites you and your child under the age of five to come play and practice reading. The library is the perfect place to quietly sound out words from a variety of books and games. 2809 Foothill Blvd., La Crescenta. 818-248-5313.
4. If you’ve been holding off on upgrading from a 50cc scooter to a 2011 Diavel Carbon, you might want to reconsider and head to Pro Italia in Montrose before the end of the month. Through Sunday, July 31, Pro Italia is offering special deals as part of its End of the Month Ducati Sales Event. Stop by the store’s website for more details. 3319 N Verdugo Road, Montrose. 818-249-5707.
5. La Crescenta’s best friends will soon have their own safe place to romp. Funding has been approved and groundbreaking is scheduled for next month for the Crescenta Valley Dog Park. The park will include new fences for safety, lots of shade, benches, soft ground coverings like cedar chips, and trash receptacles. The park is the first in a pilot program by Los Angeles County and will be built as an addition to Crescenta Valley Park, 3901 Dunsmore Avenue. .