The night of kids dressing in costume is almost here. But just where should they go trick-or-treating in the foothills?
Check out this list of free Halloween events on Wednesday, Oct. 31:
- Montrose Spooktacular: Join Montrose merchants and organizations, including Patch, at the Spooktacular along Honolulu Avenue. We'll pass out candy and take photos from 5 to 8:30 p.m. in the 2200 and 2300 blocks of Honolulu Avenue in Montrose. There will be costume contests and the annual Howloween Pet Parade will be hosted by Andersen’s Pet Shop. Families can also play games, enjoy food from local restaurants and booths, bounce houses, a two-story slide and an obstacle course.
- "Nightmare in Whiting Woods" haunted house invites neighbors to the 400 Block of Whiting Woods Drive. The scary site runs from sunset to 11 p.m. in the Sparr Heights neighborhood, south of Montrose's main business strip on Honolulu Avenue.
- Crescenta-Canada Family YMCA Haunted House: Bring your trick or treater to a spooky spot in town. The event invites kids to bob for apples, trick-or-treat and play in the open gymnasium from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Crescenta-Canada Family YMCA, 1930 Foothill Blvd., La Canada Flintridge.
- Trick-or-Treat along Foothill Boulevard in La Canada Flintridge from 3 to 6 p.m. Start at Adobe Design and work your way to the other merchants with orange and black balloons on Foothill.
- Crescenta Valley Youth Town Council and Los Angeles County Department of Parks & Recreation will host a Halloween Haunted House at Crescenta Valley Park from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for children in sixth grade and younger with "lights on." From 6 to 9 p.m. local kids will turn up the creepy and freaky.
Where do you recommend trick-or-treating in Montrose, La Crescenta or La Canada Flintridge? Does a certain neighborhood have the best decorations or give out the best candy?
Click HERE find out how to win a chance at $5000 in Patch's Best Halloween Costume in America Contest.
Enter to Win Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America Contest
Try These Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas
Unique Halloween Costume Ideas: Forget Obvious Trends
Last-Minute Halloween Costume Ideas: Do It Yourself