1. Bashan Restaurant features the talented Chef Nadav Bashan who prides himself on creating a menu to complement different palates. Bashan studied at the California School of Culinary Arts in Pasadena and boasts an impressive resume of restaurants where he has worked. This caliber restaurant, just a few minutes south of Montrose, is unparalleled and features an expansive wine list, unique appetizers, succulent dinners, and delicious desserts. 3459 North Verdugo Road, Glendale. 818-541-1532.
2. Garden Grill is located on the northwest corner of Oceanview and Foothill Blvd. in La Cañada. Owner and Chef Moe Abghary boasts an impressive Persian menu featuring marinated lamb, filet mignon, and chicken lunches and dinners. All of Abghary's dishes come from traditional Persian recipes and family recipes and are complemented with great salads and tasty sides. Enjoy great lunch or dinner specials in a formal dining room or their casual garden setting. 2309 Foothill Boulevard, La Cañada. 818-542-4100.
3. only opened a couple months ago and is an instant hit with their chef Marco Martinez. He makes fresh pastas, gnocchi's, and pizzas daily and knows what his customers want in a casual Italian meal. Pizzas are custom tailored to each patron with over 15 various toppings and cheeses sure to please everyone. Sandwiches and fresh baked breads are also among Martinez's specialties. 2428 Honolulu Avenue, Montrose. 818-957-1313.
4. owners are proud of their head chef, Juanita Etesse, who brings her own style to their fresh Thai cuisine. Etesse combines traditional Thai dishes such as Panang (red coconut cream curry) and steamed ginger fish with her own flare and secret spices. Since all the entrées are prepared fresh, they can all be custom tailored to each individual preference- whether spicy or mild, portion size, or to those with food allergies. 2529 Honolulu Avenue, Montrose. 818-249-2531.
5. owner and chef, Albert Shamoradian, has been in the restaurant business for over 30 years and brings his passion for fine Italian dining here to Montrose. Exceptional salads, entrees, and desserts from every region of Italy are made fresh daily and Shamoradian's personable demeanor and open kitchen add to a very welcoming atmosphere. An immense menu and wine list give connoisseurs numerous choices and opportunities to sample distinctive cuisine. 2276 Honolulu Avenue, Montrose. 818-248-1881.