1. recently installed and an impressive ropes course at their park. Numerous picnic areas from formal picnic benches with barbeques to sprawling grassy meadows provide the perfect venue for a picnic. The Hindenburg area of the CV park, on the far west side, is a popular picnic area, complete with large boulders for the kids to climb on and plenty of shade. Hiking paths to the hills above Burbank are accessible at the bottom of Dunsmore and New York Avenue, just below the wash at CV Park. 3901 Dunsmore, La Crescenta.
2. is open again after the closures from the Station Fire and features spectacular views from Pasadena to Downtown Los Angeles and all the way over to Woodland Hills. There are plenty of picnic tables to choose from and meandering paths showcase native wildflowers and a vineyard. Enjoy a leisurely walk or a hike up the paths below Mt. Lucans. The original on the property is being renovated and should be open within a year. 3429 Markridge Road, La Crescenta.
3. Catalina Verdugo Adobe Park may be the best kept secret in Glendale. This tiny (under 2 acres) park is nestled under a canopy of pine and oak trees. Ornately crafted concrete benches, an iris garden, and terraced hills surround the old Casa Adobe and make a perfect picnic area for a small group. With birds chirping in the trees and squirrels dancing across the paths, this is a great little park for an escape. 2211 Bonita Drive, Glendale.
4. is a great park for a picnic with children. Several s have been added and picnic benches are under the shade of large mulberry trees. Large grassy areas are easily accessible and a little waterfall and pond is located on the middle level, just above the ropes course. At this "sport friendly" park, you can enjoy baseball, basketball, tetherball, and paths are perfect for scooters and bikes for children. 5107 Rosemont Avenue, La Crescenta.
5. is close to shopping and restaurants but far enough away to be a little retreat. Large soccer and baseball fields, tennis courts, and play structures are great for lots of guests, but if you are looking for a little more private picnic area, try the grassy hill above the playground. There are plenty of picnic benches and barbeques, but bring a large quilt along and enjoy a real picnic on the grass with scenic views of the Verdugo mountains. 3529 Clifton Place, Glendale.