1. . The weekend sale will include books, clothing, household items, furniture, games, electronics – you name it! Make this your reason to clean out that garage and sort through your closet. Call Lou Ann Welsh, 818-522-7792 for details on how your donation can benefit the Boy Scouts.
2. The family-friendly reggae style music of Aaron Nigel Smith welcomes picnickers to Descanso Garden’s Main Lawn at 5:30 p.m. Smith has worked with PBS and collaborated with Ziggy Marley. His latest work, “Everyone Love to Dance” was honored with Parent’s Choice and NAPPA Awards. Concerts are free with gardens admission. Bring a picnic, blanket, and chairs. See Descanso’s website for more information.
3. Learn to knit at (2262 Honolulu Ave.) Tonight’s beginning knitting class requires no experience and you can purchase any supplies you need right at the store. Stop by from 7 to 9 p.m. to learn all you need to know to knit and purl. Register for the class online or call 818-248-7686.
4. Moodoo Puppets will visit the (2465 Honolulu Ave.) from 7 to 8 p.m. The show is an interactive musical performance meant for kids of all ages but also loved by adults. Call the library 818-548-2048 for more information.
5. isn’t just for kids. Their adult book club meets at 7:30 p.m. at the shop (2207 Honolulu Ave.) Stop by to make some new friends, learn about a great book, and prepare for next month’s gathering! Call 818-248-9668 for more information. You can also check out .