1. Meet and speak with Assemblyman Tim Donnelly at the from 1 to 3 p.m. Donnelly represents California's 59th District, which includes La Crescenta. To learn more about his legislation, stop by his official website. 4521 La Crescenta Ave., La Crescenta, 818-248-5313
2. Kids and their grown-up caretakers can spend the afternoon traveling to far away places without leaving town. The host Stories From Around the World, 2 to 3 p.m. Escape without escaping! 4521 La Crescenta Ave., La Crescenta, 818-248-5313.
3. The Glendale Police North Area Command Neighborhood Watch Meeting, led by Officer Matt Zakarian, takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Verdugo Room of the Sparr Heights Community Center. Neighborhood watch block captains will present crime reports, information on community services for adults and youth, and code enfrocement rules and requirements. 1613 Glencoe Way. For more information, email Officer Zakarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Now that you've been seen in your bathing suit, why not cheat on your summer diet a bit with a treat from . Artisan breads, flaky croissants, and even super lovely cakes are all offered by the small, privately owned and operated European bakery. Now, a lunch menu is also available for those who need a midday break. Stop by the bakery's for more information. 3421 Ocean View Blvd., Montrose, 818-249-6506.
5. Don't forget that one of the best ways to really enjoy something is to share. When you need a nice ice blended, why not stop in at the , which , is working hard to help our troops overseas keep up with their caffeine and comfort. Help keep the shop's Montrose location is in the lead company wide with donations and support. For each bag of coffee or tin or tea you donate, you'll receive a complimentary coffee or tea to enjoy yourself. 3701 Ocean View Blvd., Montrose, 818-249-7484.