Summer temps are expected to be in the high 80's and 90's this weekend and all next week. Cool off with these fun activities around town.
1. The wading pools at are finally open! Bring the kids and splash in the shallow pools perfect for little children but refreshing enough for adults. Open Mon. and Thurs. from 12-5 p.m.
2. Take a dip in the new , 509 S. Pacific Ave. in Glendale. This brand new pool is open to everyone Mon.-Thurs. from 1-4 p.m., Friday 1-6 p.m., and Saturday 11-6 p.m. Check out their website for more info: www.glendaleaquatics.com
3. Mayors Discovery Park, on the southwest corner of Foothill and the 2 freeway entrance in La Cañada, is home to a ceramic play stream for children. Search for sea creatures like turtles, sea horses and sea stars in the splash zone. There is also a sand pit complete with a water spigot perfect for making sand castles.
4. on Honolulu Ave. offers yummy yogurt, fun toppings, board games and best of all... air conditioning! Choose from several refreshing summer yogurt flavors and play a round of Connect Four with the kids. Ask at the check out counter for their selection of board games.
5. Have an adventure at the library. Both the La Crescenta and Montrose Branch Libraries are offering wonderful summer programs including magicians, arts and crafts and give aways. Some activities at the are MooDoo Puppets on July 12, Mad Science on July 19, and magician Wayne Kawamoto on August 2, all taking place from 7-8 p.m. will host Richard Woloski and his famous puppet show on July 13 for kids. For teens, July 14 is macrame shell bracelet making. Times will be announced on their website.
6. Host a water war at . sells huge water balloon slingshots and water balloon grenades. Stock up on these items and head over to the Hindenburg section of CV Park. This area of the park offers lots of shade from the large oak trees and even has sinks perfect for filling water balloons.
7. Hop on the for a cheap ride to Santa Monica Beach. It leaves from various local locations on Tues., Thurs., Fri., and Sat. Check out the for exact times. Fares are $3 for adults and children, $1.50 for seniors 60 and older and those with disabilities.