1. Did you know the has mass every morning at 8 a.m.? Join others in prayer and worship this morning, bright and early! 2411 Montrose Ave., 818-249-2008.
2. At the central branch of the library, the Grandparents and Books program will be in full swing from 3-4:30 p.m. "GAB," as it is called, is a free program where kids can join "library grandparents" who read stories and help children with their own reading. 222 E. Harvard St., 91205, 818-548-2030.
3. Down the road in Glendale, join Brian Elliot and the Backseat Girls for live music at Jax Bar and Grill tonight from 5-10 p.m. Piano and vocals is the perfect compliment to a delicious dinner at Jax. 339 N. Brand Blvd., 91203, 818-500-1604.
4. is offering week-long fitness trials to new members? What are you waiting for! Get your heart pumping with some cardio and circuit training for free! 3725 Clifton Pl., 818-957-7300.
5. Finally, how about a Monday night movie at the nearby United Artists? Choose from comedies like Hall Pass or Oscar heavy-weight The King's Speech. Check showtimes here. 1919 Verdugo Blvd., 91011, 626-444-3456.